Monday 27 October 2008

Today

Well now, it's been quite some time since I've updated my blog, and there is a ton of stuff which has happened, or will happen. I'll try to cover a few today as I am quite relaxed from a full body massage I just receive. We'll start there:

Full disclosure, I have no connections to this business other than my patronage today


Shangri-La Tea Room & Cafe 208-424-0273
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=416197275


Located at the corner of Federal Way and Overland in Boise, this unique establishment offers a vegetarian menu and an extensive list of herbal teas. On certain days, they offer lectured programs and have live music in the evenings, including jazz and drumming.

Today the event was:
BlueThunder, peacekeeper of The Shoshone Nation, rainbow warrior and guardian of Mother Nature leads special teaching circles to raise awareness on how to clean the negative energy away from natural environments. For more information, e-mail alanamarmel@hotmail.com or tetonrainbows@yahoo.com.

Future events can be found at:
or watch the Boise Weekly for newly added events.

Sample menu items include:
Corn Chowder and Black Bean Soup
Boca Burger
(Served o a whole grain bun with goat Cheese and Peach-Mango Salsa
Southwestern Wrap (Black Beans, Corn, tomato, Cucumber, Lettuce, Spinach, Cheese, and Mango-Salsa
Mediterranean Pizza (Olive Oil and Pesto sauce topped with mozzarella cheese, Artichoke, Sun Dried Tomato and Kalamata Olives on Pita Bread

Prices are very reasonable, and they have all items for take-out.

I visited today, as I had an appointment for a massage, which is offered by Laura. Her massage room is quite comfortable, with gentle music. Her technique was professional and relaxing, very therapeutic, and lasted the full 60 minutes. I will be a returning customer. Give her a call and let her know you read this, you won't be disappointed.

As I was leaving my appointment, the pleasant oder of lunch wafted throughout the dining room, and there were a dozen or so patrons with tea and lunch waiting for BlueThunder to speak.

No comments: